-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanshan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Budding Writers
-
Fun
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Shopping
-
Business_Markets
-
Restaurants
-
Travel
-
Investment
-
Hotels
-
Yearend Review
-
World
-
Sports
-
Entertainment
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Markets
-
Business
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> Shenzhen -> 
Driver recounts piling accident
    2017-12-08  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

Han Ximin

ximhan@126.com

GUO CHI, the Shenzhen Metro Co. driver who was injured in the piling accident on Line 11 Wednesday, recounted the incident after he was discharged from the hospital Thursday.

The 25-year-old was driving at a speed of 80 kilometers per hour from Hongshuwan South Station to Houhai Station when the incident occurred. After a turn in the tunnel, Guo suddenly saw, around 50 meters ahead, a pile protruding about 1.5 meters through the tunnel’s ceiling to the right of the train.

“The pile suddenly appeared and didn’t leave me much time to break and take precautions,” said Guo.

Guo lost his balance and injured his head when the train knocked off a piece of the pile at a speed between 60 and 70 kilometers per hour.

The medical report from Nanshan People’s Hospital showed Guo had suffered a slight head injury and bleeding. After stopping the train, Guo immediately reported to the operation center and exited the cabin to make sure the passengers onboard were safe before following the instructions to wait for rescuers and drive the train to Houhai Station.

Guo has been working for the company since graduation and got his driver’s license from Wuhan Railway Vocational College of Technology in July last year.

Shenzhen’s housing and construction bureau has vowed to take tough measures to punish the contractor whose illegal piling pierced through the tunnel of Metro Line 11 and posed a threat to public safety.

In a statement released late Wednesday evening, the bureau said Zhengye Construction Co. Ltd., without submitting an application in advance, piled a 20-meter-long pile into the ground. The train was seriously damaged as well as some Metro facilities.

The bureau said the illegal operation had far-reaching negative consequences and it will impose the severest punishments on the enterprise and related persons. In addition, it will hand over clues related to the incident to police for further investigation.

The bureau said it would cooperate with the relevant departments to enact measures and establish a long-term mechanism to supervise construction projects and the Metro safety operation area.

According to regulations on the city’s rail transportation management, contractors within the Metro operation areas must apply for written approval from the Metro operator before commencing piling work.

 

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn