-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanshan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Budding Writers
-
Fun
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Shopping
-
Business_Markets
-
Restaurants
-
Travel
-
Investment
-
Hotels
-
Yearend Review
-
World
-
Sports
-
Entertainment
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Markets
-
Business
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> China -> 
China releases infromation on overseas fugutives
    2018-06-09  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

THE Chinese Government said it has launched a new website to encourage people to offer information on 50 corruption suspects who have fled overseas, even providing information about the streets on which they live in English as well as Chinese.

The Central Commission for Discipline Inspection took the fight overseas in 2015 by releasing a list of the 100 most-wanted fugitives that it has since sought to return through operations called “fox hunt” and “sky net.”

For the second time in the space of a year, the commission released a list of names of people it is seeking — 50 this time compared with 22 a year ago — of whom 23 it says are likely to have fled to the United States.

The majority are suspected of corruption, bribery or embezzlement, and 21 of the 50 have been on the run for more than a decade.

The commission provided English as well as Chinese descriptions of their suspected crimes and where they might be living, along with showing their pictures, in a statement released late Wednesday.

Those who have information about them can report on the website (http://www.12388.gov.cn/ztzz/), although it is only available in Chinese.

“The aim of this new announcement is to closely rely on the masses and actively mobilize them,” the commission said.

Of the 22 suspects whose names it released last year, six have so far given themselves up, it said.

China had captured 4,141 fugitives from more than 90 countries and regions and recovered nearly 10 billion yuan (US$1.57 billion) by the end of April, the commission said.

(SD-Agencies)

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn