-
Advertorial
-
FOCUS
-
Guide
-
Lifestyle
-
Tech and Vogue
-
TechandScience
-
CHTF Special
-
Nanshan
-
Futian Today
-
Hit Bravo
-
Special Report
-
Junior Journalist Program
-
World Economy
-
Opinion
-
Diversions
-
Hotels
-
Movies
-
People
-
Person of the week
-
Weekend
-
Photo Highlights
-
Currency Focus
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Tech and Science
-
News Picks
-
Yes Teens
-
Budding Writers
-
Fun
-
Campus
-
Glamour
-
News
-
Digital Paper
-
Food drink
-
Majors_Forum
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Shopping
-
Business_Markets
-
Restaurants
-
Travel
-
Investment
-
Hotels
-
Yearend Review
-
World
-
Sports
-
Entertainment
-
QINGDAO TODAY
-
In depth
-
Leisure Highlights
-
Markets
-
Business
-
Culture
-
China
-
Shenzhen
-
Important news
在线翻译:
szdaily -> China -> 
Teacher loses credentials for alleged molestation
    2018-06-28  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

A HIGH school teacher who was accused of sexually harassing a female student and whose behavior led to the girl’s suicide last week, will have his credentials revoked, according to an announcement by the local education authority Tuesday.

The girl, identified only as Li, was allegedly molested by Wu Yonghou, the teacher, two years ago in Qingyang, Gansu Province. On June 20, she jumped to her death from the eighth floor of a department store. She was 19 years old.

After an investigation, Wu was banned from teaching for life, a spokesman of the city’s education bureau said Tuesday.

In July, the bureau announced administrative penalties and removed Wu from his teaching post at the Qingyang No. 6 High School after Li’s father accused him of molesting the girl.

Video of Li’s suicide, in which some onlookers could be heard cheering and applauding as she fell, was widely shared on social media.

Police investigating the tragedy have detained two people for applauding, while six others suspected of filming and applauding during the incident have been urged to turn themselves in, Qingyang’s public security bureau said in a statement Monday.

The video-streaming app Kuaishou on Tuesday has banned 12 user accounts for livestreaming Li’s suicide.

Kuaishou said it had found three accounts that had posted inappropriate videos of the incident and nine others with inappropriate comments. All 12 accounts have been blocked forever, it said Tuesday.

The social media company said it has strengthened the review process for videos and can now monitor and interrupt livestreams that contain inappropriate content. 

(China Daily)

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@szszd.com.cn