-
Important news
-
News
-
Shenzhen
-
China
-
World
-
Opinion
-
Sports
-
Kaleidoscope
-
Photos
-
Business
-
Markets
-
Business/Markets
-
World Economy
-
Speak Shenzhen
-
Health
-
Leisure
-
Culture
-
Travel
-
Entertainment
-
Digital Paper
-
In-Depth
-
Weekend
-
Newsmaker
-
Lifestyle
-
Diversions
-
Movies
-
Hotels and Food
-
Special Report
-
Yes Teens!
-
News Picks
-
Tech and Science
-
Glamour
-
Campus
-
Budding Writers
-
Fun
-
Qianhai
-
Advertorial
-
CHTF Special
-
Futian Today
在线翻译:
szdaily -> News -> 
Henan issues red alert for new round of rainstorms
    2021-08-23  08:53    Shenzhen Daily

CENTRAL China’s Henan Province, which was hit hard by torrential rains in July, issued the highest alert for rainstorms at 1:20 p.m. yesterday, the provincial weather bureau said.


The bureau forecast a new round of downpours measuring over 100 mm in the cities of Pingdingshan, Luohe, Xuchang, Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Nanyang and Zhoukou yesterday afternoon.


It suggested schools, kindergartens and all businesses temporarily close, and reminded the government to prepare for rainstorm emergency work.


The province also launched a level-II emergency response to floods Saturday noon.


China has a four-tier color-coded weather warning system, with red representing the most severe, followed by orange, yellow and blue.


Kaifeng, a city in Henan, on Saturday ordered the full suspension of construction and business operations to cope with heavy rainstorms forecast for yesterday and today.


All enterprises, tourist resorts and construction sites are ordered to shut down or halt operations from 8 a.m. yesterday to noon today, and roadside shops other than those providing life necessities should suspend operations by midnight Saturday, according to the city’s headquarters of flood prevention and drought control.


The suspended sectors may reopen this afternoon if the rain situation allows.


The city activated the second-level emergency response for flood prevention Saturday noon as heavy rainstorms with rainfall up to 250 mm are forecast from yesterday to today. The maximum hourly precipitation rate may reach 60 to 90 mm, according to the city’s weather department.


In the provincial capital Zhengzhou and Xinxiang, two cities that were hard hit by rain-triggered floods last month, the second-level emergency response for flood prevention was also activated.


In Zhengzhou, the residents living in flood-hit zones and mountainous areas, and those living on the first floor of buildings in the urban area were requested to be evacuated, according to a circular issued by the city’s headquarters of flood prevention and drought control.


All tourist resorts were ordered to suspend operations, and all personnel at roadside shops should be evacuated. The suspension will last until 8 a.m. tomorrow. Buses and outdoor construction sites should also timely suspend, said the circular.


Starting July 16, Henan has been hit by record rainstorms that killed more than 300 people with 50 others still missing as of early August. Multiple cities in the province have reported staggering precipitation levels.


(Xinhua)

深圳报业集团版权所有, 未经授权禁止复制; Copyright 2010-2020, All Rights Reserved.
Shenzhen Daily E-mail:szdaily@126.com